Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Vintage Ads

THESE advertisements of biscuits, Lipton's Tea, Ovaltine and other foodstuff which I've photographed from the yellowed pages of what must be a priceless copy of a special supplement to The Illustrated Weekly of India dated May 5, 1935 evoke the simplicity and charm of a long bygone era. The supplement, printed at The Times Press, Bombay, was brought out to commemorate the silver jubilee of the coronation of King George V and contains a wealth of information as well as rare photographs of British and Indian royalty of those times. The only way I can connect to that year is to think that my father must have been a little boy of about five years of age, while my mother was yet to be born!





2 comments:

jacqueline rebello said...

nice Vintage pics, June!! Need to look for old containers at chor bazaar :)

Deguide said...

I have seen Lipton and Ovaltine advt

Post a Comment