Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

A recipe for disaster...

FORGET about one a penny, two a penny....guess no one would have wanted, even for free, the raisin-studded hot cross buns that I attempted for Good Friday. A total disaster. Turned out more like missiles that could be used to revive a long-forgotten rowdy game called olly-kolly that was in vogue in Bangalore boys' schools during the '70s!

My daughter's sympathetic review that "They're tasty Mummy, but only a little hard," didn't cut any ice. :( Better luck to myself the next time around. I have a whole year to try and perfect them. :)

2 comments:

Deguide said...

If one is not focussed on cooking disaster is bound to occur in any dish....

June said...

Actually I was focussed....but took a chance in adding the yeast mixture even though it did not bubble and froth....that was a terrible mistake.

Post a Comment