Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Hi-fibre Banana Cake

Banana Cake with Flax Seed (Pics by June Carvalho)

TODAY I made the usual banana cake, but with a slight variation to the original recipe posted on my blog. (See Banana Cake recipe under Labels: Cakes) I substituted a cup of the refined flour with wholewheat flour to increase the fibre content in the cake...

As an afterthought, I sprinkled a tablespoon of flax seeds on the top before baking...it lent a lightly nutty and crunchy bite to the cake. Incorporating a little more of the flax seed into the cake batter itself may be a good idea. Might try it the next time around. Didn't feel very guilty to sink my teeth into a slice. Do try it out!


1 comments:

jacqueline rebello said...

Banana cake looks yummmm!! :)
Aaj hee banana hai !!

Post a Comment